XBL's Advanced QWBA and Cryo-Imaging Services
Plainsboro, NJ, February 18, 2010 - XenoBiotic Laboratories (XBL) has enhanced its capabilities in ADME services with the addition of 2D/3D Cryo-Imaging to its in-house Quantitative Whole Body Autoradiography (QWBA) program:
2D Whole Body Autoradiography
Conventional QWBA techniques are limited in their ability to discern discrete regions or tissues on autoradioluminograms with low concentrations of radioactivity. XBL incorporates the latest digital image overlay technology to improve the assignment of site specific radioactivity. An optical image is acquired for each section subject to autoradiography. This image along with the corresponding autoradioluminogram is co-registered within the AIDA software to provide the most accurate analysis of the distribution of derived radioactivity. In a similar manner, histological staining of select sections affords Histological Verification of Site Specific Radioactivity (HVSSR).
XBL offers the ability to animate through an entire carcass in 2D and to render discrete regions such as the eye or a tumor in high resolution tomographic 3D models. A series of optical images are acquired at depth increments as low as 4 microns and reconstructed within proprietary software allowing for tissue structural viewing/mapping and object size determination. 3D models provide a unique perspective inside the anatomy of an animal or discrete region. Autoradioluminograms that quantify the tissue distribution of the research compound can also be interlaced into the model to render the localization of derived radioactivity within any tissue/organ in 3D. This technique can also be applied to fluorescence imaging whether it is from staining dyes, transgenic animal proteins, or quantum dot nanotechnology.
Enhanced QWBA Services include:
- Optical or Histological Verification of Site Specific Radioactivity
- Visualization through the Entire Carcass within 2D or discrete Tissues/Organ in 3D
- Depth Resolution: up to 4 micron
- Actual Tissue Size and Color information
- Radioactivity/Fluorescence 3D Modeling throughout the Entire Carcass
- Spatial Resolution: up to 25 micron
- Quantitative/Qualitative Data
- Supportive Tomographic and 3D Distribution Modeling for Many Areas
- Oncology – Tumor and Vasculature
- Toxicology – Lesion or Necrotic Tissues
- Neuroscience – Discrete CNS Regions
- Cardiovascular – Heart/Artery/Vein
- Genetics – Protein Expression/Inhibition
- DART – Development of Fetal Structures
- Stem Cell R&D – Migration/Differentiation
The addition of in-house 2D Whole Body Autoradiography and 3D Cryo-Imaging services is another example of how XBL continues to offer the latest advances in technology to enhance its core services in the bioanalytical, ADME, and metabolism profiling areas available to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, animal health and agrochemical industries. XBL is FDA and EPA inspected, AAALAC accredited, and NRC and USDA licensed to best serve your research and development needs.
For further information, contact:
Dennis P. Heller, Ph.D. at email@example.com or address inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org